In honor of Fool’s Paradise Day on July 13th, let us think about ideas for opening lines using unusual words, puns, and, of course, homophones.
– When the sad King asked the fool for a joke, the fool just shrugged because he was the court gesture.
– The spotlight echoed off the cast iron figurine and cast an eerie glow on the actor, as if he was apart from the rest of the cast; as if, in a social caste all by himself.
– The zalambdodont ate so much on their dates that he decided, to the heart break of the zelophobia, to quit cold turkey.
– He watched as she opened the vial, and was immediately overwhelmed by a vile odor. No faint aroma was this perfume; it was strong enough to make Superman faint.
– How many times had she heard the galeanthropyer’s joke about a cat that ate some cheese and then waited for a mouse with baited breath.
– What obsessed Tobbious was a gnawing feeling that something dreadful was about to happen. Nevertheless, he is a good mediagenic band leader and is always in tune with what’s happening in order to be up-beat.
– The foolish potter liked to make wisecracks, to the dismay of the art gallery.
Galeanthropy: Belief that one is a cat.
Mediagenic: Able to present a good image in the media.
Zalambdodont: Having molar teeth with V-shaped ridges.
Zelophobia: Irrational or fear of jealousy.